Where am I?

8.09.2011

Singh Along with Me~

One of my new favorite directors, aside from Danny Boyle, Darren Aronofsky, and David Fincher, is Tarsem Singh. He has made it into my top four movies.

I saw the movie The Cell (his first movie) a looong time ago and it's just one of those movies, that if you see just once the images will be stuck with you pretty much forever! I've only seen the movie twice but it was the most visually stimulating movie I have ever seen. And..well..it was a weird movie! The colors that he uses are just incredible! I'll post some pictures so that you can see! :D Honestly, I didn't think it would be that good because Jennifer Lopez is in it and she's kind of known for doing cheesy comedy movies right?? But no!! She was particularly great in this movie and so was Vince Vaughn.
I mean...look
The Cell
The Cell
The Cell

Preeeeetty, and a lot of his images were inspired by other artists!

Second movie, The Fall:

I heard about this movie but never had the urge or 'want' to watch it. Of course, when I first heard of it, I hadn't seen any previews or didn't know anything about the movie. AND THEN! I finally noticed that Tarsem Singh was the director of this movie. And BAMB! I wanted to see it instantly! SO! I purchased...and waited...and waited...and waited to see it until I finally thought the time was right! And am I glad I saw it! It's another visually stimulating movie. The Cell was a super DARK depressing, scary movie but The Fall had a lot lighter tone to it. The main little girl is by far the cutest thing ever. And you leave the movie smiling :D

The Fall
The Fall

NOW!! He's in production of directing the Brothers Grimm: Snow White! There's a little competition going on with the Snow White Film. Another director is directing Snow White and the Huntsman (or something like that) with Kristen Stewart in it. When I first heard that Kristen Stewart was going to polay the role of Snow White...I was totally dumbfounded. I'm sorry to say, well actually, no I'm not sorry to say but Kristen Stewart is not a good actress...at all. She cannot play a seriously role for anything! So her being cast as Snow White turned me off quite quickly.
After K. Stewarts Snow White was announced, Tarsem Singh's Snow White was announced and his is going to be released earlier then K. Stewarts. Apparenlty it's Lord of the Rings-esque. Lily Collins is cast as Snow White in Tarsem's version. I only know her from Blind Side and cannot remember her at all! SO here are two pictures. The first is K. Stewarts Snow White directed by Rupert Sanders. This will be his first movie. And the second is a picture of Lily Collins as Snow White for Tarsem Singh. Which will be his fourth movie.

Snow White Huntsman
Snow White Brothers Grimm

Ummm hellllo~ Tarsem's looks MUCH better :D

No comments: